10.5.09

News. I have some.

So I made a little book. And I have copies on sliding scale sale/trade if you would like one. A copy will cost anywhere from free to three bucks or I'll take something you made with your own two little hands as a trade. If you would like one, email me at tague_k6@hotmail.com and we'll work something out whether it's a trade, a sale, or some other form of bartering system.

The book is called "this is my moat. these are my sharks. this is my drawbridge on fire." and contains three short essays, each one making up it's own section. Each of these pieces is a study in vulnerability in it's own way.

*********************************************************************************

I'm done with busting my ass on building a reading series for the South Loop Review now. (I paid 900 dollars to do a job that desperately needs to exist for an entire semester. Actually, the number of people working for the magazine who actually have time to really WORK on the magazine as much as it deserves/needs is super low.)

This means I will be updating this more and will be working on way more fun stuff. Like more books, writing/putting together some performance pieces, and whatever else I want to. I'm putting my etsy shop back up soon. Like bike tire wallets? Like little felt plushies? Like random charm earrings? What about scarves and crochet jellyfish pins and other assorted oddities? Yes? No? Maybe? Okay, good. I'm probably going to stick some books up on there too.

I'm working on one to two more books and a couple performance pieces. Subjects may or may not include awful parenting and Bruce Springsteen, inadequacy and Bob Barker's old job, and how the fuck does one make a costume of a moose that dresses up as Morrissey and does kind of a drag show?


****************************************************************

One final note: I'm doing a performance/reading at the Ball Hall Wednesday May 20th. It'll be way fun as there's audience participation involved.

Musical acts also appearing that night include Muyassar Kurdi, Aimee Bueno, Plumunion, and The Boy With The Broken Jaw. Lab Dance is doing something too.

It's at 8pm at 1621 N Kedzie and will only cost you a donation to the touring band if you're so well inclined. Also, I'll probably be bringing baked goods of some sort to this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment